Tuesday 26 May 2020

A Blackwork Christmas - May

Welcome to the fifth edition of A Blackwork Christmas SAL! This month I decided to go for the hottest colour available: red. This rounds off the yellow-> orange -> red series of hot colours I've been doing these last few months. They look so bright and cheerful hanging on my lamp!
Not the neatest of photos as far as background goes but then I'm showing you how the stockings currently live. Of course this doesn't show you much of the stocking so...
Here it is! It's a small all over pattern this time but is easy enough to stitch - the whole stocking beginning to end took me around five hours if you exclude the times I had to put it down because the kids wanted stuff. Mine might be older teens and not need me as much as younger kids but somehow whenever I'm trying to do a bit of concentrated stitching they always need me five times more than usual. It must be a universal rule or something hehe.
It's difficult to see but the fabric I used this time is a Moda Marble I had lurking in my fabric stash. I'm so glad I didn't get round to selling my fabric stash when I stopped quilting - it's been pretty useful over the years.
Another view of the stocking - this one so you can see the pattern and the sparkle of the Kreinik a bit better.
Here are the threads and beads I used for this month's pattern. Kreinik #4 very Fine Braid 003, DMC 666, coordinating craft thread for the cord, and TOHO TR-11-25C Silver-Lined Ruby size 11 seed beads.

You can download the main pattern here.
You can download the pattern with space for a date here.
You can find the construction tutorial here

Have fun stitching! I'll see you tomorrow for the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 6. Friday will be the first non-SAL Friday of the year - I'll be doing a bit of a throwback pattern which is quick to make, doesn't need much fabric AND is useful!

1 comment:

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.