Monday 25 May 2020

Mini Magical Mystery SAL 5 - Final Post

Welcome back for the final post of the fifth Mini Magical Mystery SAL! Don't worry it's not over - the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 6 starts in an hour! This post is just a final post showing my stitching of part fourteen and what I have done with my version.  I do hope you all had fun! I have loved seeing your stitching in the Facebook group!
This is what mine looks like after stitching part fourteen. I'm really happy with how I managed to keep the circular shape that appeared during the design process.

In case you didn't know or it slipped your mind: the way you stitch these patterns is how they are designed - a step at a time. Sometimes I go back and edit things but usually it just organically grows to be the thing we all stitch. This is not my usual design process for mysteries but just how these Mini mysteries seem to happen - which is a fun way to design. You don't get to see everything I design, sometimes I don't like the end result and start from scratch - I do want you all the like what you stitch!
Here it is completed into another of the ornaments for the chain. The yellow wall does help show the fabric's true bluish green colour.
And here is the chain so far - it's hanging on the hook that I usually use for my curtain tieback (old fashioned I know, but my windows are weird and it's the only way) The back/end/etc. will be hanging below the final one of the chain, but it's not in the picture as it isn't attached yet.
These are the threads and seed beads used this time. The plain orange was used for the backstitched outline and finishing and is DMC 3340, I used Jodyri Designs 231/. Bee Eater for the main stitching, and the light green thread is the craft thread I'm using for all of the cords and the end tassel. I used TOHO TR-11-PF561 "Permanent Finish - Galvanised Green Teal" size 11 seed beads for the edges.

I'll be back in an hour with the first part of the sixth Mini Magical Mystery SAL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.