Friday 15 May 2020

35 x 35 for 2020 - May

Welcome to the fifth 35 x 35 for 2020! I had so much fun with last week's rainbow colours that I decided to use them again - but this time using the new colours that are a bit more muted. I did have to add a blue to the colours that isn't in the new range as the new range doesn't have any proper blues, just a lot of purples/purplish blues.
I also rather liked the effect of the bright colours on a darker fabric so I went with a scrap of Jodyri Designs September 2018 Year of Darks 18ct Aida "Traditional Sapphire" that I previously used for the Cecropia Moth. I used the DMC threads as per the pattern.
If you aren't into backstitching then this is what it would look like if you didn't do the backstitched bits (the blue and purple do fade a bit into the fabric so you'd need to click to enlarge to see them better).
And this is it with the backstitched bits. You need to take care with the pattern for the orange/yellow bits as they aren't quite as obvious. Let me know if you can't work it out and I'll add a diagram to this post.

I didn't have time to fully finish it, I'm running late enough as it is because the backstitching with so many colours slowed me down quite a bit (as well as the usual life stuff getting in the way of stitching).

Tip: If you don't want to swap colours then either do it all in the same colour and pick one of the six of the threads used or choose a rainbow variegated thread and match your other colours to it.

You can find the pattern here

Have fun stitching! I'll see you tomorrow for the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 5 and Tuesday for the next part of the Easy Christmas Cards SAL!

1 comment:

  1. This is looking sooo good! I really need to get myself some of those new colours.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.