Monday 4 May 2020

Mini Magical Mystery SAL 4 - Part 8

Welcome back for day eight of the fourth round of mystery stitching! On to the second half of this pattern! At this point it can still go in any direction - will it stay so angular or will it become more rounded? Only I know and I'm not telling you... yet... *evil grin*. What I will tell you is what I did for my special Sunday loaf yesterday. I used four different doughs to make a four braid loaf. Plain white, Abby bread, nine grain bread, and the prehistoric grain mix that's so very yummy.
Even unbaked you can see there are several types of dough. I'm very happy with how this came out as it's my first time making a four strand braid.
And this is it baked - it's huge and tastes amazing - as it's basically double what I usually make it's only about half eaten so we will be enjoying the rest today. While it's fun to have fresh homemade bread every day, the getting up super early every day has been tiring and I'm going to go back to buying bread from my local baker during the week and making bread in the weekend - which will then also keep it more special. Now on to the embroidery!
This is what mine looked like after stitching part seven.

You can find the pattern here

Have fun and I'll be back tomorrow with the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 4 and the next part of the Weavers Animals Band Sampler SAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.