Friday 25 January 2019

Friday Freebie: Spirals

Happy Friday! This week there is no scheduled SAL so instead you get something completely different! As so often there is more than one way to stitch this - you can make it smaller by only stitching the section I marked in red on the pattern (don't stitch the red lines!) or you can make it bigger by stitching the pattern more than once in any direction.


Normally I would suggest grabbing any colours you like to stitch this but this time I can't due to how the colours flow. What you CAN do is choose a collection of colours to replace it - either all of the same colour from dark to light or perhaps a rainbow. The best way to see if they will work is to line the threads up in order you plan to use them and leave it on a table or desk you see frequently for a day or so as you walk past and if anything niggles or feels wrong just adjust. It's much better than ripping I can tell you!

The pattern calls for 14 colours going from white to blue to black at the very centre of the darker lines.

You can find the pattern here

Have fun stitching! Remember next Tuesday there isn't a SAL post as we have run out of SALs to do this month - normal SAL posts resume in February! I'll see you next Friday for the first SAL post of February: the Ornament of the Month!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is but it's a lot simpler than it looks! All you need to do is stitch the black lines and the rest is just a matter of doing the stitches next to it in the correct colour order :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, that one is cool! I'm not quite sure what do do with it yet, but it's very cool for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to say I was tempted to give the pattern with more tessellations but decided not to as it looked far too intimidating. It does look amazing though when done many times :D

      Delete
  3. Merci pour cette jolie grille
    bon week-end

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. De Rien! I'm so glad you like it!

      Bon Week-end aussi :D

      (I still remember *some* French :) )

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.