Thursday 14 May 2020

Mini Magical Mystery SAL 5 - Part 4

Welcome back for day four of the fifth round of mystery stitching! I managed to get the coffee stain mostly out so I decided to keep the square I'd backstitched. Having washed it I felt it best not to iron the fabric dry in case some of the coffee stain was still there and I didn't want to risk heat setting it (just working on the basis that things that have been washed and dried in the drier tend to retain stains better than if they had been line dried). As a result I didn't get to stitching parts one and two till later in the day when it was fully dry.
Before
After





















Admittedly in the photos there isn't too much difference, the spot in in the lower right corner, but in person it was much more visible.
This is what mine looked like after stitching part one. I'd decided to just work through each pattern individually to make sure the distribution of the colours in the threads was more natural - as if I had been able to stitch each part as planned.
I then stitched part two as I was still playing catch up.
This morning I stitched part three - getting a photo of the colour of this fabric is again proving challenging - it's more a greenish colour with hints of blue in person.

You can find the pattern here

Have fun and I'll be back tomorrow with the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 5 and the May edition of the 35 x 35 for 2020!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.