Wednesday 20 May 2020

Mini Magical Mystery SAL - The Back? The Bottom? The Whatsit?

Welcome back for... errr... I'm not sure what to call it. It was originally intended to be the final pattern that I gave but obviously it's not over for everyone yet and I'm still continuing with the patterns. Sometimes things are complicated and I'm terrible with naming things at the best of times.
This is what mine looked like last night after stitching it. You can see a tiny skull bead sitting next to it on the bead mat.
I used up my last two tiny bits of Jodyri Designs October 2017 Year of Neutrals "Regan (The Exorcist)" 18ct Opal Aida. I stitched the backstitched outline on the smaller bit first to see if it would fit and it did - just! I had to cut off a tiny bit at the bottom and one stitch width from the right hand side because I prefer all seam allowances to be the same (four stitch) size. I think I can safely say that I used up every last possible bit of this fabric.
I used DMC 3821 for the backstitched outlines, Jodyri Designs A 014/. Fields of Gold thread and TOHO TR-11-42BF Opaque-Frosted Sunshine (I love that the bead name and the thread name go so well together!). Not pictured but also used is the light green thread I use as the cording between the sections, which I used to make a tassel.
Here is how I left things last night - I put the stubby cord and tassel in the places I wanted them so I'd remember when I got to the finishing.
Here it is all finished and ready to add in when I get to finishing the last of the Mini Magical Mystery patterns. I added the skull to remember all the people who died from Covid-19 but used the happy colours to look forward with hope and optimism.

I was going to add my initials but forgot and didn't remember till I saw on the photo that I'd not done it yet... I'll have to remember to add something on another part at some point. The pattern does show placeholders for the initials and also a full alphabet in case you wish to add yours.

You can find the pattern here

Have fun and I'll be back tomorrow with the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.