Friday 22 January 2021

NFSAL 2021 - January

Welcome to the first of this year's NFSAL posts! This year I will be stitching all the patterns myself. I have chosen to do the whole year border option as I haven't done a full sized NFSAL with border yet. If you don't know which border I'm talking about have a look at the announcement post as it has all the information you need and both border patterns!
First here is my whole year border stitched on Jodyri Designs 14ct Aida “Frosted Cookies” which, if I recall correctly, was one of the 2019 advent fabrics. The threads are also Jodyri Designs: Dark brown is 112/. The Gnome King, light brown is a 2020 Advent Special “Cobbled Streets”, and the blue is 210/. Blue Morpho Butterfly
And here it is (slightly off colour) with this month's pattern put into the first square.
Because I had a feeling you might like to see the mini border stitched as well, I made this little pincushion having first stitched the January pattern using the called for colours on a bit of white Aida I had in my stash, probably a free kit square.
One thing you will notice when you open each monthly pattern is that it has a brown border around it. If you are stitching the pattern without either of the border options then you stitch it in its entirety.
If you have stitched either of the borders you do it like this as the brown border was already stitched when you did the border patterns — a great time saver!

You can download the pattern here

Have fun and see you Tuesday for the fourth part of the Sampler SAL!

7 comments:

  1. How did u make that pretty edge on the pincushion! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a stripy ribbon with one side elasticated so that all I had to do was insert it :)

      Delete
  2. Well done getting the whole border stitched up already! That blue and brown colour scheme is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It went really fast in the end, so that was nice. Blue and brown really go well together :)

      Delete
  3. Tried to download, but it doesn't seem to work. Not on my phone and not on my tablet. What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try another browser as that is the issue. Perhaps on a laptop or desktop computer. The issue is that the location of the file is not ssl while the blog is and some mobile browser refuse to download then.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.