Tuesday 1 December 2020

Temperature SAL - December

Welcome to the twelfth Temperature SAL post! This isn't the final post though it might seem like it should be but there will be just one more post at the end of the month to show the December temperatures. Speaking of which... I was horrified earlier today while marking out the November temps because I realised that this year's pattern was not quite right - I realised that I'd made enough for 364 days - 13 x 4 weeks - while this year has as per usual 365 days AND an extra day because it's a leap year. Naturally if I'd thought it through properly when I was designing the pattern I would have done what I'm going to suggest today - which is to add the year at the very bottom, coloured for 2 days to represent the final two days of this year. I would however have made the fabric requirements a little bigger too - but since the number are only 3 stitches high it should fit into the finishing allowance if you gave yourself the 3 inches suggested.

I am so, so sorry to have only discovered this now and can assure you that this can't happen with next year's Temperature SAL as it's made in a completely different way.

You can find the updated pattern here
This month took a bit longer than usual because I was busy kicking myself for the oversight in the pattern. As you can see below the temperatures were a bit all over the place. From a nice balmy light green to the darkest of the blues - we had it all.
Image taken from the Dutch weather service KNMI
In graph form it looks like the image above - I use the Dutch weather service KNMI for my temperatures - so it's the temperatures taken at their main station in the centre of the country. As The Netherlands is so small there isn't all that much difference between what I personally experience and what they measure there.

Now it's your turn! Make a blog post if you blog, make a vlog/flosstube, a post on Instagram or Facebook and make sure I at least can see what you have stitched in the last month! If you blog or vlog please put a link below - it will be fun to see what you have stitched and who knows... you may gain a larger audience in the process! Not sure how it works? Check out the overview post and the January post!

Have a great day! I'll be back tomorrow with the next post of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 17 and the first part of the Advent Mystery SAL 2020!

2 comments:

  1. I could swear we had talked about the issue of the two missing days before. I know I've long had plans to include them with the year, so I'm sure it's come up at some point...but probably got lost again in the crazy haze that was 2020!
    I haven't stitched my November temperatures yet, trying to finish some Christmas gifts first. But I'll be getting there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't — perhaps you spoke with someone else about it? I'm glad my solution is the same as yours! Yeah, the Christmas madness always strikes crafting homes!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.