Sunday 6 December 2020

Jodyri Advent - Week 1

Welcome to the first week's post for my Jodyri Designs Advent "box" and my Harry Potter Lego advent calendar. This year the Jodyri Advent Box was paid for by donations while the Lego Advent Calendar was given to me by my fiancé. In this post I'll be showing what I got since my last post which I posted on the first of December. Spoilers after the "jump" if you are seeing this on the home page.
The first of December gave me a Harry Potter Lego minifig (3/4 size with movable legs!) and a side table with a candle. He also came with 2 pairs of wands but I left those attached to the plastic between each pair so as not to lose them. Also not in the picture is the poster for the ball, I'd put it back into the advent box and it had fallen down between the cracks to another slot in the calendar.

The Jodyri Thread of the day is the February 2017 Limited Edition "Heart's Ease" - a great pink/purple combination.
The second of December gave me a micro Hogwarts Castle - I love the details they managed to cram into a 2 x 4 flat piece!

The Jodyri thread of the day is a new thread that's specially made for this advent box "Trapiche Emerald" I thought my dyslexia was playing up when I read it but Google showed an amazing green emerald when I looked so it's a real thing and NOT a typo! The thread itself is now one of my favourite Jodyri greens - I can't wait to use it in something!
Wednesday's are my fabric opening days and this is the week one fabric - an amazing purple! It's an advent special called "Advent Candles" and mine is 18ct Aida.
The Third of December being a dull day meant I had to use my ring lamp to make it possible to see that the Lego Advent thing of the day is a micro Durmstrang Ship and uses a Lego telescope as part of the mast!

The Jodyri thread of the day is a again new thread! It's a tie dyed thread TD 046/. Queen and I couldn't find it on the Jodyri site so it's not been released into the wild yet. This will look amazing when stitched!
The fourth of December was much sunnier as you can see! The Lego advent thing of the day is the Beauxbatons Carriage - though it took a bit for me to work that out while I was building it - the AHA moment didn't happen till I added white blob to blue box after I'd added the wheels. You have to admit that the Lego designer team has a LOT of imagination!
 
The Jodyri thread of the day is not a new thread but it is new to me as I didn't start collecting the Limited Edition threads till January 2015. It's the November 2013 Limited Edition thread "Bonfire night" - I love the colours of this thread!
The 5th of December gave me another Lego minifig - it's Cho Chang in her Yule Ball dress. The minifig skin colour is darker than standard which makes me happy - a Chinese young woman that's pale pink would have been wrong on many levels. She also came with two sets of wands but I have left them in the box for safe keeping.

The Jodyri thread of the day is an Advent special "Royal Robes" I like the fact that there are two different purples on this that fade into white. When I saw the envelope I did chuckle as it has a Santa on it, which wouldn't make most people think twice but 5th December is the Dutch Santa's gift giving evening as his birthday is December 6th, so the Santa on the sticker is VERY fitting.

That's all for this week's Advents box things - I'll be back next Sunday with the second week's post!

4 comments:

  1. I think the day 4 thread looks identical to the Christmas special 2019 "Crackling Logs" that I used recently - maybe it was brought back? Certainly a favorite anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crackling logs is a little darker — more intense :) They'd go well together to make something blend more.

      Delete
  2. It's so fun seeing your little gifts for every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy my post! It's certainly a lot of fun to open them!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.