Sunday 13 December 2020

Jodyri Advent - Week 2

 
Welcome to the second week's post for my Jodyri Designs Advent "box" and my Harry Potter Lego advent calendar. This year the Jodyri Advent Box was paid for by donations while the Lego Advent Calendar was given to me by my fiancé. In this post I'll be showing what I got since my last post which I posted on the sixth of December. Spoilers after the "jump" if you are seeing this on the home page.
The sixth of December brought the Goblet of Fire and confirms the thought I had that this advent calender is based on the same named HP book/film. What you can't see in this picture is that the flame is sparkly as there is glitter in the plastic.

The Jodyri thread of the day is an Advent special "Stormy Seas" a beautiful blue/green combination.
The seventh of December came with a silent gramophone complete with an ungrooved record and a movable stylus - it's quite fun!

The Jodyri thread of the day is another Advent special "Cobbled Streets" I love the subtle grey/brown combination - such a useful neutral!
The eighth of December brought even more proof that this is all based on the Goblet of Fire book/film as there is a Griffindor sofa (couch if you are in the USA) and the golden egg that was given as a clue after beating the dragons. (You can see a transparent clippy thing in the background, I used it to tilt the sofa for the photo).

Today's Jodyri thread is a second brand new Tie Dye! It's TD 049/. Elton, which tells me that the day three thread was named for the band not the Queen herself. It also hints towards more band inspired threads as the day three one was TD 046!
The ninth of December brought us a Lego table with a bottle on it - the "cork" is flower shaped, a nice touch.

Today's Jodyri thread is a returning Limited Edition thread: September 2018 "Autumn Leaves" it's a lovely thread and I'm glad to get a second one!
Wednesday's are my fabric opening days and this is the week two fabric - a really useful red and brown fabric called "Christmas Mantle", mine is 18ct Aida.
The tenth of December brought Ron Weasley in his dress robes for the Yule ball. He too came with 2 sets of 2 wands! Soon I'll be able to supply a wand for every mini figure I own (well ok not *all* but many).

The Jodyri thread of the day is another Advent Special "Carollers" such a fun colour!
The Eleventh of December gave a fireplace complete with a stocking on the chimney - the side grippers are a bit curious.

The Jodyri thread of the day is an Advent Special "Great Expectations" I love these colours and they go so well together!
The twelfth of December brought a very curious bit that had me more than a bit confused, partly because of the way they showed it in the door, it looked like a grave. However having checked some other sites I discovered that it's actually a window and the handles on the sides are so you can attach it to the fireplace!
Suddenly it doesn't looks so odd.

The Jodyri thread of the day is a returning Limited Edition thread: June 2017 "Scottish Heather" It too is one I already have but I'm always glad of spares!

That's all for this week's Advents box things - I'll be back next Sunday with the third week's post!

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing these posts, and hope that some of the new threads will make it into the main range soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you are enjoying them! Yes, these threads are awesome, and it would be great if they joined the main line of threads!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.