Tuesday 15 December 2020

Easy Christmas Cards SAL - December

Welcome to the twelfth and last part of the Easy Christmas Cards SAL! This month I used two colours of perforated paper - the pattern this month is so small I could use scraps from other projects and I didn't have enough of the same colour to do the three I wanted to do. As this month is the busiest time of year I decided to keep the pattern small and only use cross stitch. At 208 stitches in four colours it's a quick stitch and fun to do at that. It took me an evening to stitch all three and a short time to make the card.
Rather unusually I decided to show you the card fully finished - personalisation and all - to give you a better idea of what I'd planned when I designed it. It's amazing what a few stickers can do to change things!

I used three bits of perforated paper that were around 3 1/2 x 1 1/2 inches. You could of course use scraps of fabric or plastic Aida instead.

You can find the pattern here

How I made the card.

I started with the three scraps of perforated paper and the threads as per the pattern and stitched the three trees. Though with something like this you can easily use leftovers from other projects or even use a variegated thread to make the red "bauble" stitches lots of colours.
Once stitched carefully cut them out leaving a stitch wide outline. If you are using fabric it's probably better not to cut them out like this but to just leave it as a rectangle.

I then used some 3D double sided sticky tape to stick the trees to the card about 3/4" away from the bottom. I then had fun personalising the card.

Now it's time to show how I personalised the rest of the cards from this year...

The scattered bits are all "scrap" parts of the stickers.
The tiny stars are actually the centres of the star strips and are supposed to be thrown away.
More scrap stickers used here - this time the strip from between the star sticker strips and more tiny stars.

The zigzag strips are from between the strip stickers I used for the October card.
The gold strips are from a strip of sticker that I cut off from the edge of the Dutch language "Happy holidays" stickers.
All of the tree decorations are leftover bits from other stickers.


Here the small bits are the leftover bits from the sticker strips you see here.
More tiny stars from the star sticker strips.
As you can see the leftover bits and edges of sticker cards are just as useful as the stickers themselves and add a nice touch for free!

I hope you like this pattern - and the cards! I'll see you tomorrow with the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 18 and Friday for the final part of the 35 x 35 for 2020 SAL!

2 comments:

  1. A cute new one and all the finished cards look awesome, you made great use of these stickers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've always hated waste, so it's been fun to use bits one might otherwise throw away.

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.