Friday 11 December 2020

Bookmark SAL - December

Welcome to the twelfth and final part of the Bookmark SAL! If you enjoy bookmarks and blackwork then you may enjoy next year's Blackwork SAL as the shapes we will be filling in are a pretty good size for a bookmark and can be easily extended if you wish. This month I was able to finish the bookmark on time and fully finish it too!
Here is this month's bookmark. It can be done in any three colours but I chose a bit more festive colours as that's what I'm in the mood to stitch with.
A closer view.
I used the threads as per the pattern on 2" wide banding. I needed 9" of banding including the finishing but you might prefer a little more to get it in the hoop comfortably. I just folded the ends in twice to cover any raw edges and stitched it down.

You can find the pattern here.

I'll see you tomorrow with the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 17!

2 comments:

  1. That one is pretty cool! I'm still working on November, but hope to get caught up with everything before the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wanted something that was easy to stitch and would be faster as you'd not need a pattern after a while due to the repetitiveness of the pattern. :) Good luck getting all the things done in time!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.