Friday 17 October 2014

Doctor who scarf update

 
Last time I blogged about the scarf, a mere two days ago it looked like the photo above and clocked in at a length of  94 1/2 inches after just 6 days work. Something I forgot to mention in the last post was that I had decided to make life difficult for myself and make faux slip stitches as the original scarf had slip stitches at the ends where the colour changes. I achieved this by not finishing the colour and starting the next but by adding the new colour into the loop of the colour I'd just finished and then doing another chain stitch before turning the work and doing the double crochet stitches. This is slightly fiddly to do as if you pull too much the end falls through.

On day 7 I did an additional 25 rows adding 12 1/2 inches to the length of the scarf making it 106 1/2 inches.
Day 8 (yesterday) I managed to add another 23 rows = 11 1/2 inches to the scarf making it 118 inches long (that's almost 3 metres!) I won't be able to take any more photo's of the scarf along the width of my table - it's just too long now, so I'll have to move the Lego and embroidery thread boxes off the end of the table to use the length tomorrow.

Just 59 rows left to do! I should be finished by Sunday at the latest.

4 comments:

  1. It is so pretty! And so fast! I'm a little envious this is going so quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Don't forget I don't have to do this work thing you do ;)

      Delete
  2. More to come! If my calculations are correct it will be around 3.44 meters.

    Totally insane actually ;)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.