Friday 2 October 2020

Ornament of the Month 2020 - October

Welcome to the tenth Ornament of the Month for 2020! I'm running a little late - both the thread and the beads were contrary today and it didn't help that I'd cut my left index finger while cooking dinner today - it's not a fan of being used, so I had to hold the ornament without it. This month's colours of the month are white, yellow and variegated. As I don't want to stitch with white this year and all of the other ornaments are/will be solids I don't want to use the variegated option. In addition I've already done a yellow I decided to go with gold, which is kind of a yellow.
This is the completed ornament - it's a big glowy due to the lighting and the shine of the gold - sorry about that.
These are the threads and beads that I used. From left to right: DMC 3821, Kreinik #4 Very Fine Braid 002J, and TOHO TR-11-PF557 Permanent Finish - Galvanised Starlight (what an awesome name for a very shiny gold bead!)

You can find the pattern here
You can find the construction tutorial here

This month's Kreinik stitching is a bit different than usual so I made photos during construction to show you how I did mine. I made photo's after I'd completed the first one and made sure I liked the end result. The partial ornament you see to the left is the July ornament.
First do all of the spokes as straight stitches. Then bring the needle up at the end of the lowest line you see in the pattern. Go over the first of the spoke threads, and under the next till you come out at the other end. Go down at the end of the line. Push the thread that you just wove down with your needle so it's a nice straight line and pull tight.
Bring the needle up at the start of the next line, above the one you just did. Weave in the opposite way to what you did fir the first line - the idea is to alternate which thread you go under and over. Once you are at the other end take your needle to the back of the fabric just like you did with the first line, and repeat with the third and the final lines.
It should look something like this when completed.
Then repeat the same for all the other sections.

For the smaller ornament section do the same but the only for two lines of weaving.

Have a great weekend! I'll be back later with the still very delayed Temperature SAL - don't wait up for it if it's late for you, I still need to start but I'll make a post as soon as I'm tired and you will see how much I've been able to do. I'll be back tomorrow with the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 14!

2 comments:

  1. Gold always works, and that woven patterns is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does indeed! I'm glad you like the woven pattern!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.