Friday 16 October 2020

35 x 35 for 2020 - October

Welcome to the tenth 35 x 35 for 2020! This month there are cross stitches, backstitches, and beads! The beads are optional and can be done as French knots, colonial knots, using beads, or just as a cross stitch with shiny metallic threads - or skipped in their entirety if you prefer! I'll show you a photo of the unbeaded version below first, then you can see that it can work both with and without the beads!
Here it is all stitched - as you can see it looks great as is - in fact it was designed like this but I was in a mood to bling things up so I went ahead and added a load of breads as well, which I also marked on the pattern in case anybody else wanted to do the beads.
And here it it all beaded and finished into an ornament with a beaded cord and tassel (you can see how I made those here) - as I said I was in the mood to bling things up hehe.
A slightly different angle of the ornament.
I used the threads as per the pattern along with TOHO TR-11-22C Silver-Lined Topaz seed beads - you could of course do a different colour bead - say red - to make berries on the branches instead of nuts (which is what I imagine the beads are). The fabric I used is Jodyri Designs November 2019 Limited Edition 18ct Aida "Centaur Magic".

You can find the pattern here

Have fun stitching! I'll see you tomorrow for the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 15. I'll see you Tuesday for the next part of the Easy Christmas Cards SAL!

4 comments:

  1. Très beau ce coussinet ,bravo !
    Merci pour la grille
    Bon dimanche

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like it :)
      You are very welcome, have a great Monday!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.