Monday 12 October 2020

News: Update and More - October Edition

If you have been keeping up with my blog posts you will have seen that I've had some new health issues this year. Last time I mentioned anything away from a Mini Magical Mystery SAL post I was awaiting a 24 hour blood pressure test. I had the test, with some issues as it wasn't set up correctly, the band was too large and the box needed a restart and recalibration but the end result was that the test showed that actually I didn't need blood pressure meds at all and that was why I was having so many issues. I've been off the meds for almost two months now and I'm finally feeling normalish. Of course now I have six months of cleaning to catch up on... which is exhausting as I'm terribly out of condition now. 

Of course 2020 being what it is I got yet another new health thing, but this one is fairly easy to solve - the connective tissue of my right eye (the best of the two too) decided to become infected - and it happened so fast too! At midday everything was normal and half an hour later my eye was red and painful and when cooling it with a cold cloth didn't help (and the Dr's lunch break was over) I called and got to see her less than an hour later. The eye cream I was given is doing its job but I have to time when I apply it carefully as I can't see for a bit after using it and can't use it right before bed. 
 
I am so very glad we have good health insurance over here so I don't have to worry about medical bills.

I am slowly picking up posting of links in the fb groups - I may skip a day or so with the Mini Magical Mystery SAL if I'm not up to it but I've been doing ok with the weekly SAL posts.

Looking forwards to next year I have been doing a LOT of designing over the weekend in preparation for the information posts that I'll be making in November... I mentioned basic plans in a post in July - there will be a few small changes but as things look it will be mostly as planned there. This weekend I finally worked out how to do next year's Temperature SAL (it only took about 30 hours to work out lol) it has some options for those that like them, I designed the ornament of the Month shape, and the first three months along with an alternate version for those that prefer simple shapes, I designed the NYE Mystery SAL and the border of the NFSAL (also more than one version, just like this year's the big all in one with a border, a smaller single border and of course it can be done borderless). I also designed what may become the Spring 2021 Mystery SAL (it was too big to be the NYE mystery). Today I designed the first four weeks of the Sampler SAL - it won't be a band sampler that's for sure! Not mentioned because the designing was already done before the weekend is the Blackwork SAL which will continue in yet another form next year as it's just too much fun not to!

Next up is a nice long sit with PayPal, Ko-fi, and my emails to check to see who has and who hasn't received their patterns yet for their donations - and also to think of something to do for the people who have donated via PayPal more than once this year as I feel bad only having the one pattern to give. I may need to change that to a monthly pattern for PayPal donations. If you wish to help out completely anonymously (which means I can't send you a pattern as a thanks) then a gift card from Jodyri Designs is always welcome and if you ask Michelle not to she won't mention who it's from.

Now on to what I've been spending the donations on - this batch, all purchased from Jodyri Designs is kindly supported by the donations from over the summer.

Mermaid Dreams 18ct Aida
Pixie Potion 18ct Aida
















September Limited Edition 18ct Opal Aida

September - Roman 18ct Opal Aida
September - Greek 18ct Opal Aida


















 
 
 
As you can see your support has made it possible for me to do things I would otherwise have not been able to do - without your donations I wouldn't able to buy the monthly Jodyri Designs fabrics and threads - or the occasional extra things. My lack of response is not due to me being ungrateful but more a sign that I'm out of energy and just not able to do anything extra.

I shall continue to do what I can when I can on top of the posts that I'll keep going. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making it possible for me to keep buying my monthly subscription fabrics and more!

6 comments:

  1. Boo, eye problems! That's my biggest fear. I'm glad the docs were able to fix you up! (for the blood pressure too). I am so grateful for the stitch-alongs. They truly have made this year much less dismal than it could have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was more than a bit scared when I was heading to the Dr's I can tell you! I spent 20 minutes on my bike with one eye closed because it didn't like the wind in it (and it was easy to keep closed at that, not like normally when it wants to be open). I'm glad I could brighten your year with my patterns!

      Delete
  2. Glad you're feeling better! <3 Fabrics are gorgeous, my fav being the purple ofc :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The purple is even better in person, and so sparkly too!

      Delete
  3. Glad to here you're feeling a bit better and they have finally sorted your blood pressure meds out.
    Thank you for all your lovely patterns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      You are very welcome, I'm glad you like my patterns!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.