Tuesday 6 October 2020

Mini Magical Mystery SAL 14 - Part 9

Welcome back for day nine of the fourteenth round of mystery stitching! Today I played four games of thread chicken on my version of the SAL - because all four threads that I use came close to the end two stitches before I'd finished stitching yesterday's part and I didn't want to start a new thread for just two stitches when I can eke out a few more and potentially avoid starting a third thread for each section later on. It's crazy I know, especially as this is DMC so not *that* expensive (though more than thrice that of the USA cost - it always makes me blink when people in the USA complain about paying 59 cents for a skein when we pay closer to two dollars.) but I still like to be frugal with my thread where possible even though I can't be bothered to start and stop my thread for every jump.

Which results in my backs looking a bit like this. The blue one is a lot worse, I did that one with just one thread at a time and decided it used up too much thread doing it like that.
This is what mine looks like after stitching day eight, from the front this time.

You can find today's pattern here.

Have fun and I'll be back in about ten hours with the next part of the Weavers Animals Band Sampler SAL and tomorrow with the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 14!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.