Tuesday 27 October 2020

A Blackwork Christmas - October

Welcome to the tenth edition of A Blackwork Christmas SAL! This month I have stitched up a storm and not only did I finish this month's stocking but I also fully finished September AND stitched and finished August! I'll start with the oldest first with the pictures below and end with the October one. Just two stockings left! Can you guess what colour they will be?
This is the August stocking - I hadn't even started this one so I completely stitched it before finishing it.
This is the September stocking - I'd done the stitching but still needed to do the backstitched outlines before I could fully finish it.
And finally here is the October stocking. You may notice that the cuff pattern isn't something new - it was an attempt at something new but insisted on becoming this - sometimes you re-invent the wheel and it just works - so I kept it.
These are the threads I'm using this time. From left to right: DMC 977 for the backstitched outlines and cuff, Kreinik 150V for the stocking part and finally TOHO TR-11-2154S "Silver-Lined Marmalade" seed beads for the finishing. Not in the picture because I'd forgotten and already put it away: craft thread for the cord that is almost identical to DMC 977.
Finally a picture of the amazing Hoffman's Bali Batik that I've been hoarding for years as I don't have much left and I love it so much. I keep it for special projects like for the lining of this Christmas stocking.

You can download the main pattern here.
You can download the pattern with space for a date here.
You can find the construction tutorial here

Have fun stitching! I'll see you tomorrow for the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 16!

4 comments:

  1. Trop mignon ,merci pour la grille et le tuto
    Bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! I'm glad you like the pattern! :)

      Delete
  2. Great job catching up on these! The October one, along with that fabric, is super pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.