Thursday 9 July 2020

2021 Plans

It's super early to be talking about this but never too early for me to start plotting. This is NOT an official information post - I won't be giving amounts for anything - I'm going to be dropping hints so you can perhaps not throw away something you might need.


This year is the tenth anniversary year, with July being the month it all started - for this reason I am doing ten SALs this year. Naturally I can't do that every year, it's just too much. Next year I'm planning to do 5 SALs:
  • On Tuesdays I'll be doing a sampler SAL - each month will have a different theme. Many of these things will work on both Aida and evenweave - some may work better on evenweave.
    • I'll be going through a load of speciality stitches. 
    • I'll also be doing edgings which will help you with finishing off your embroideries in different ways. 
      • Cut off bits from finished embroideries might be handy - they need to be about 3"/7.5cm high x about 6"/15cm minimum. Don't cut to size - keep them at full size if they are bigger.
    • Beads, buttons, variegated threads, and metallic threads will all have some time spent on them.
      • Leftovers from Mill Hill kits and spare buttons are handy to keep 
      • You will need at least one skein of variegated thread (or more if you so choose) but it doesn't have to be a whole one - leftovers will probably do.
      • I'll be using DMC metallic and Kreinik #4 Very Fine Braid but you can use any brand you have/like.
    • Ribbons, perle, and thicker wool will also be used.
      • If you buy new clothes look and see if they have ribbons to keep them on the hangers, this is a good source of skinny ribbon. You need the nice feeling ribbon, not the rougher stuff.
      • If you knit or crochet (or know someone who does) keep some of the slightly longer (foot/30cm) tail ends as they will be handy.
  • On Fridays I'll be doing....
    • Ornament of the month - this one will have some options!
    • NFSAL - no idea yet what it will be but it should be fun.
    • Temperature SAL - because I'm loving this one and want to do another to see how the years compare. I will be making a new pattern for it.
    • One other thing - not sure what at this time - but it will likely involve blackwork.
That's all for now but I hope it will help you prepare for next year. I'll be doing the official information posts in November so you have plenty of time to prepare and add to your Christmas wish lists.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait!! I love what you do! Thank you for sharing your talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting times :D Love following your SALs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do ppl throw away stuff, really? Am I the only one being a total hoarder? XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. un grand merci pour toutes ces grilles qui demandent un travail colossal.
    bonne journée.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, I'm looking forwards to it all x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to the sampler SAL. And a new Temperature one sounds interesting as well!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.