Friday 24 April 2020

NFSAL 2020 - April

Welcome to the fourth of this year's NFSAL posts! This month I stitched the NFSAL myself as I liked it so much I just *had* to - and then I made it into a tortellini shape! I wrote a tutorial for it so you too can make a tortellini with a square shape embroidery if you wish. You can find the tutorial here
This is what it looks like finished - isn't it fun?
This is what this month's pattern looks like before I stitched it into a tortellini. I used Jodyri Designs Mistletoe Kiss 14ct Aida from the Christmas advent box for the fabric. The threads are Button Moon 024T (replaced DMC 800), Father Time 014T (replaces DMC 9809), Arabian Days 199R (replaces DMC 798), and Bellbottomed Blues 010T (replaces DMC 820). T stands for tie dye and R for regular thread.

My friend Carla Eldridge, who is doing some of the model stitching got struck down by the sickness and is fortunately doing a lot better! She is however still a bit behind with the model stitching but DID manage to finish the January and February patterns she'd stitched with the smaller borders into a stunning biscornu.



A post shared by Akazaus (@akazaus) on

Isn't it fantastic? Carla has also made a start on the whole year frame but between her job and being ill has a little catching up to do still.
Carla's progress so far.
You can download the pattern here

Have fun stitching and see you tomorrow for the penultimate part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 3!

1 comment:

  1. What a great pattern this month! And a great treat to see two completely different versions, too.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.