Thursday 9 April 2020

Bookmark SAL - April

Welcome to the fourth part of the Bookmark SAL! For a change it's on time - and finished! The construction this month is easy too as it's stitched on perforated paper (or plastic Aida if you prefer) so it just needs cutting out. Please read the pattern notes before starting.
This is the finished bookmark. Unfortunately the colours I chose really don't show up so well in a photo - in person they are much easier to see though perhaps the ivory perforated paper wasn't such a good idea with these colours.
Here you can see the finished bookmark on my desk with the threads I picked. I really wanted to go for the spring foliage look. I used Jodyri Designs Toxic Banana 194 R, Toxic Potion 135 R, and Gooseberry Bush 004 A

Fabric:

For this pattern I have used 14ct perforated paper - I cut a bit that was a bit bigger than required (3" x 7") so I'd have something to hold onto at all times.

Threads:

You will need 0.1 skein of each colour thread. For the small pattern you need one colour, for the main pattern three colours. The Pink is the cutting lines!

The patterns

The bookmark can be downloaded here
The small pattern for the bookmark can be downloaded here


Construction:

This time all you need to do is stitch the pattern on perforated paper or plastic Aida and then cut it out along the pink marked lines. For those who are more visual here are a few photo's showing the process I used.
All stitched.
I drew the outline in pencil so I'd not make a mistake cutting.
All cut out.
The finished bookmark in use.

That's all for this month's Bookmark SAL post!

I'll be back tomorrow an hour earlier than usual with the Mini Magical Mystery SAL and at midday Amsterdam time with the start of the Spring Mystery SAL proper with new posts every four hours!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a simple, yet effective pattern! The shapes kind of scream 'fireworks!' for me, so that's the kind of colours I'll be going for.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.