Friday 17 April 2020

35 x 35 for 2020 - April

Welcome to the fourth 35 x 35 for 2020! It's April, which means at some point we will get April showers, which was the starting point for this month's pattern. The squares represent puddles and the backstitching rain and raindrops splashing out of puddles.
This is what it looked like after I'd completed the embroidery.
I wasn't too happy with how the colour showed so took it outside to my apple tree!
Where it looks a lot better!
These are the threads I used, though the lightest only ended up in the cord and tassel. From left to right: DMC 827, Jodyri Designs Arabian Days 199R (all cross stitch) and DMC 793 (backstitch + cording and tassel.). The beads are TOHO TR-11-933 Inside-Color Lt Sapphire/White Lined. The fabric is the seemingly never ending bit of Jodyri Designs October 2017 Year of colour - Neutrals - Regan (The Exorcist). I still have some left hehe.

Like the pattern but not the colour of the threads? No worries! Just grab two colours: one light, and one dark, and use them instead! You can pick any colours you like!

You can find the pattern here

Have fun stitching! I'll see you tomorrow for the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 3 and Tuesday for the next part of the Easy Christmas Cards SAL!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this one, it's super pretty with the soft blues :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.