Tuesday 28 April 2020

A Blackwork Christmas - April

Welcome to the fourth edition of A Blackwork Christmas SAL! This month I again reached for a nice warm colour - I chose orange! On the spool the Kreinik looks more orange than when backstitched, which caused some issues with the colour for the cuff but a few rounds of stitching and ripping later (and the discovery that I was just two stitches from the top after adding the backstitched outline because I'd not paid enough attention - I managed anyway but it was a bit fiddly.)
Like this the orange DMC (720) looks too dark next to the Kreinik 027L. The seed beads are TOHO TR-11-2208 Silver-Lined Burnt Orange.
You can see how much lighter the orange DMC looks now, just because of how the Kreinik catches the light.
A slightly different angle.
At this angle with the blue and yellow in the image it does look a bit more orange.
All of the ornaments together. The mat was a bit too small really so you see bits around the edge with stuff on my desk.

You can download the main pattern here.
You can download the pattern with space for a date here.
You can find the construction tutorial here

Have fun stitching! I'll see you tomorrow for the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 4 and Friday for the May Ornament of the Month AND the Temperature SAL as it's the first of the month.

1 comment:

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.