Monday 27 April 2020

Mini Magical Mystery SAL 4 - Part 1

Welcome back for day one of the fourth round of mystery stitching! I was just looking at fb between writing this post and the previous one and was floored by how beautiful all of your creations are! Some of you have been busy finishing, others are collecting them all first and will see what it becomes once we know how many there will be. Whichever way you decide to go with the finishing - if you decide to finish them at all as sometimes the stitching itself is the goal not the end result - have fun with it!


Yesterday I baked not just one but two loaves of bread! One is a "Van Gogh" bread as they are called here in the Netherlands - a sunflower seed bread. It was a rather wet dough and when I went to pick it up to put on the baking sheet I had to coil it up to not have it droop in the middle! I decided to leave it like that for baking and it turned out nicely.
The other is an enriched cinnamon raisin bread that I made for the afternoon snack. As the sunflower bread wasn't finished at snack time as is more usual I actually have bread left! I got to have a lie in today as a result.
Now on to the real reason for this post (but I do hope you enjoy seeing the breads I've been making) For my fourth Mini Magical Mystery I'll be using Jodyri Designs May 2016 Limited Edition 18ct Aida "Maypole Flowers" - I've had this for quite a long time and keep setting it aside as I'm waiting for the perfect project for it. I decided that this was the time to not set it aside but to use it. I picked Jodyri Designs Dark and Stormy 131R as the thread this time - I'm continuing the theme of "green, orange and..." while working my way through some of my Jodyri Designs collection as there are so many I've not used yet!

You can find the pattern here

Have fun and I'll be back tomorrow with the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 3! I'll also be giving the next part of the A Blackwork Christmas SAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.