Tuesday 23 June 2020

A Blackwork Christmas - June

Welcome to the sixth edition of A Blackwork Christmas SAL! Since I have done most of a rainbow so far with my colours I decided to go with purple this month. As mentioned in this morning's Mini Magical Mystery SAL 8 post I'm having a bit of a flare up with my rheumatism so sitting and stitching isn't really comfortable as a result. I did get *some* stitching done but it's nowhere near finished.

This is as far as I got before I had to stop - I do first a zigzag in one direction, then the other on the way back to make the squares (six stitches down, six along and reversed). Then finally the diagonals with the squares in the centre of the bigger squares.

Here are the threads and beads I used for this month's pattern. Kreinik #4 very Fine Braid 026L, DMC 552, and TOHO TR-11-461 Higher-Metallic Grape size 11 seed beads.

You can download the main pattern here.
You can download the pattern with space for a date here.
You can find the construction tutorial here

Have fun stitching! I'll see you tomorrow for the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 8.

2 comments:

  1. Merci pour ce joli modèle
    bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's lovely! Hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.