Tuesday 9 June 2020

Blackwork SAL 2020 - June

Welcome to the sixth part of the 2020 Blackwork SAL! This month you will again get two pattern options - after today's pattern there will be just ten slots left in the plusses version but I think I'll make sure there are two patterns a month going forwards so that people still have a choice if they are doing the patterns with fewer openings.
As mentioned last month I continued in the left hand lower corner to finish stitching it - just one more partial plus to go and this side will be finished! I used DMC 312 for the whole plus - which incidentally uses my favourite blackwork pattern ever. I used DMC 803 for the square. I didn't do the black backstitched line all the way under the plus this time as I'd finished the thread on that side and still have one at the square side of things - I think I may have enough thread to do a chunk of the stitching there and would rather start a new thread once I can see where it needs to be.
This time I took the embroidery out of the hoop after doing the stitching and gave it a splat so you can see where I am with things now. I am looking forward to next month when I'll finish the corner and move to the other side.

You can find the pattern for the octagons here 
You can find the pattern for the plusses here
You can find the pattern for the rectangles here
You can find the pattern for the squares here

Have fun and I'll see you tomorrow for the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 7 and Friday for the next part of the Bookmark SAL!

1 comment:

  1. So that means I'll have too 'leftover' patterns by the end of the year, right? I'm sure I can fine some use for those...

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.