Saturday 20 June 2020

35 x 35 for 2020 - June

Welcome to the sixth 35 x 35 for 2020! I'm a lot later than planned with this post - first I made the incredible discovery that it's a bad idea to let your bead mat with beads already on it get caught in your embroidery hoop when you are rehooping. The resulting bead tsunami that flooded over my desk, keyboard, keyboard tray and floor, was not fun to clear up and slowed me down quite a bit. Then my computer decided it would join in the fun and gave me a Blue Screen of Death which put me even further off schedule than already was. I have to say that knowing that all of the patterns were safe on an external server made the whole thing a lot less stressful as I didn't have to worry I'd lost anything. I am however finally able to get this post up so am doing so!
This month's pattern was inspired by a comment my fiancé made while looking at one of the Mini Magical Mystery 7 patterns - he was disappointed that the shape that showed wasn't an octopus as he first thought it was going to be. When I looked at it I could see why he thought that and decided to see what I could make with it - so that's why this month you get an Octopus's Garden as the pattern! (and now that I've ear wormed you, here is a link to the YouTube video of the song by the Beatles)

 I turned mine into a little biscornu!
The only backstitch this month is the backstitched outlines done to make a biscornu if you so choose.
This month's pattern also includes a back!
And a slightly washed out side view
The green fabric I used isn't in this picture but it's Jodyri Designs December 2015 Limited Edition 18ct Aida "Winter Solstice" - which has since moved to the main line of fabric! The Beads I used are TOHO TR-11-YPS0029 - HYBRID ColorTrends: Milky Island Paradise. A bit of a shouty name but lovely beads! The threads from left to right are: DMC 011 (used for the backstitched outlines), Jodyri Designs A 004/. Gooseberry Bush (used for the plants), Deep Dive (used for the border), and Arabian Days (used for the octopuses).

You can find the pattern here

Have fun stitching! I'll see you tomorrow for the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 7 and Tuesday for the next part of the A Blackwork Christmas SAL!


1 comment:

  1. These are adorable! Thanks to James for the inspiration too :D

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.