Sunday 29 December 2019

Jodyri Advent Box - Christmas Day and Overview

Hiya and welcome to the fifth post and last of the short series of posts that happened till I ran out of advent packages (which is today). If you haven't opened yours yet please skip this post till you have! I'm posting this in between the NYE Mystery posts as I want to get it posted today so I can focus on the NYE Mystery and the January 1st posts.

For my birthday last month my fiancé gave me a most wondrous gift - one of the small advent boxes from Jodyri Designs, my favourite hand dyer. As this is the fifth post I am going to skip the long story about things (you can read it here if you missed the first week's post) and just move on to the package.

The final package had the same wrapping as week one and three - I like how they swapped around instead of all being the same!
And this is what was in it! A stunning 13" x 18" piece of 14ct Aida "Bright Baubles". FIVE Advent special threads that match the five fabrics in the packages. They are (top to bottom): "Cardinal", "Mistletoe Kiss", "Holy Night", "Frosted Cookies", and "Bright Baubles".

Then, like last week, partially hidden to keep the code secret, is a PDF voucher for £6 off a pdf chart. Last of all is the super scissor fob! I love the tree like crystal and the stag charm at the bottom!


As this is the last post in the series I thought I'd do an overview of all that had come in the Advent box.
The fabrics - three of 9" x 13" and two of 13" x 18". I love them all and can't wait to find something to stitch on them - and the time to do it! And the kit... a lovely little snowflake that will be delightful once finished.
The stitching accessories: Everything you need to stitch and more! I love how all of these go together but are all slightly different - variations on a theme rather than perfectly matching which makes each one unique and easier to spot on a full desk. I never realised how useful counting pins would be - I'm going to need more of them!  It's highly likely that I'll be using all of these all year regardless of the season!
The threads picture one: Other than the top two which are from the tie-dye series, they are all previous limited edition or special threads that cannot be bought in the shop. They all are winter themed and from December, Christmas, or January. Three of these I didn't already have as I've been getting the Limited Edition threads since January 2015 but they are all wonderful and useful colours so that's not an issue at all, rather more of an incentive to actually use them!
The threads picture two: ALL of these are Limited Edition threads that were only in the Advent box! The top three are Christmas specials, the bottom five are the threads that match the fabrics included in the packs. The Christmas threads that are available in the Jodyri shop are different threads.

Not shown in the photos are the four pdf vouchers included: two for £4, one for £5, and one for £6 for a total of £19 off, to be spread over 4 charts. - I'll be taking my time in using these!

All in all this was an amazing gift to receive from my fiancé and a well-made Advent box! I am thrilled to bits with what I received and I'm going to start saving up now so I can buy one next year as I would love to do an Advent like this again!

2 comments:

  1. That box had awesome value! Michelle's fabrics and thread are always a treat, but I'm especially excited about all the stitchy tools. I think I need to go shopping when she has some more in her shop, I really need counting pins as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did! It was so much fun opening each package with my fiancé on Skype. I probably would not have thought of buying any of the stitching tools, but I'm so glad I did get them like this. Yes, more counting pins, I think I needs loads - just so I can plan things and then stitch :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.