Monday 23 December 2019

Jodyri Advent Box - Week 3

Hiya and welcome to the third post of the short series of posts that will happen till I run out of advent packages. If you haven't opened yours yet please skip this post till you have!

For my birthday last month my fiancé gave me a most wondrous gift - one of the small advent boxes from Jodyri Designs, my favourite hand dyer. As this is the third post I am going to skip the long story about things (you can read it here if you missed the first week's post) and just move on to the package.
This week sees the return of week one's wrapping paper - it's *so* festive!
This is what is in this week's package! A beautiful bit of lavender coloured 18ct Aida "Holy Night". Three skeins of thread - from top to bottom: Sugar Cookie, Sugar Plum Fairy and a Christmas 2019 limited edition thread "Gingerbread House". The first two perfectly fit the Christmas theme and look great on the fabric of this week - so are a fantastic combination. I am already looking for an excuse to use the Gingerbread House thread - it's so pretty!

Continuing clockwise the next thing is a kit! It's a kit for a snowflake complete with a bit of natural banding, the white thread required and all of the beads you need. Unfortunately I have too many things to do before next Friday when the NYE Mystery SAL kicks off to sit down and stitch this before Christmas but I'm going to stitch it as soon as I can as it's so pretty.

This week's super handy stitching accessory is an ORT catcher - it's the triangle thing to the bottom left and can fold completely flat for easy transport for your on the go stitching (even with thread in it, though of course it isn't as flat if you put lots of threads in).
Here you can see it folded flat, which also shows the fun ginger bread fabric off a bit better - the tiny bells make a jolly tinkle as you move it around.
And finally a side on view of the ORT catcher. What you can't see as clearly in the photos is that the light inner fabric is a pretty Christmas tree print. Last week I said that the counting pins and frogger matched by happy coincidence... I have since been reliably informed by Michelle that it was in fact intentionally so! I think that's so wonderfully thoughtful!

I hope you enjoyed this post! I hope you have a great day and I'll be back tomorrow with the Blackwork SAL as per the schedule.

2 comments:

  1. Another awesome week! I'm especially excited about the thread catcher, I really need to get one of those. The fabric is super pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it was! The thread catcher will be handy when I'm not at my desk with my ORT Jar. Yes, it's lovely fabric :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.