Monday 30 December 2019

2019/2020 NYE Mystery SAL - Part 21

Welcome to the 21st part of the NYE Mystery SAL! Having just finished a bit of ripping on part 20, the top left stalk and bud as I can't count accurately and did five stitches on the stalk instead of six. *Sigh*. On the plus side it showed me that I'd completely failed to see the sneaky single stitch on the curved bits so I was able to go back and add a little note about that in the pattern - why say something now when it was for part 20? Because I wanted to show a bit of my process of how I do things. I make the post, then stitch that bit as my photo is needed for the next part. Because I work ahead I can spot things I didn't notice when looking for the stitches for the pattern notes. So I basically work in order of when I need things.
This is what my part 20 looks like... with fixed corner it was a lot less work to fix than I feared so that was a relief!

Colours used this time

  • Colour D (DMC 820 on the pattern) 
  • Colour E (DET C Blanc (white) on the pattern)
Number of stitches:
  • 64 - in Colour D
  • 24 - in Colour E
For a total of 88 stitches for this part.

You can find the pattern here

See you for the next part of the mystery in 4 hours!

I do not expect anyone to be able to be up to date at all times during the SAL - you need to eat and sleep at the very least so expect to be "behind" part - if not all - of the time! It's part of the nature of this type of SAL for this to happen, so being "behind" is the normal state of affairs. If you are a slow stitcher expect to finish "after" the SAL has "finished" - though tbh the SAL is always available and new people find the patterns on a regular basis so it's never really over.

On all social media sites the tag to use is: #NYEMysterySAL - let's make the world see what we are up to!

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate the notes, I read them first now and also in the post about what color(s) will b used. Tho I managed to miss the sneaky inner stitch of the flowers that apparently were added in pt 16 and only saw it at pt 19 or something xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad they are helpful! I'm sorry you missed that naughty stitch!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.