Monday 16 December 2019

Jodyri Advent Box - Week 2

Hiya and welcome to the second post of the short series of posts that will happen every Monday till I run out of advent packages. If you haven't opened yours yet please skip this post till you have!

For my birthday last month my fiancé gave me a most wondrous gift - one of the small advent boxes from Jodyri Designs, my favourite hand dyer. As this is the second post I am going to skip the long story about things (you can read it here if you missed last week's post) and just move on to the package.

I really like how each week is a different wrapping paper - it made the envelope fun to open!
This is what was in the second package! A lovely bit of hand dyed 14ct aida "Mistletoe Kiss" (that I dearly wanted to use for the 50 x 50 last week but couldn't or I'd not have been able to post a picture). Two of this week's threads are brand new and made specifically for the advent box! They are (top to bottom): Christmas 2019 Special "Crackling Logs" and "The Wise Men" and the third thread is December 2013 Limited Edition "Snowy Pines". I love the two new colours and am thrilled with the snowy pines as I'd used a chunk of mine to make the Lotus Flower pattern back in April.

Then, like last week partially hidden to keep the code secret, is a PDF voucher for £4 off a pdf chart. Last of all are the counting pins! I have been wanting some for a while now and these are lovely!
By a happy coincidence they also suit last week's frogger! They have already been handy as I was using them to help me keep count of the edge stitches for last week's 50 x 50 and I'm sure they will get a lot of use in the months to come!

I hope you enjoyed this post! I hope you have a great day and I'll be back tomorrow with the Medieval Owl SAL! (hopefully fully stitched by then as I hit a bit of a snag due to running out of DMC 3371 a mere 42 stitches before I'd finished stitching the colour and the local needlework shop is closed on Monday's *sigh*)

2 comments:

  1. Those counting pins are awesome (as is everything else, of course). I usually just use some spare needles :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed! I did too - but these are much easier to use :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.