Friday 20 December 2019

Friday Freebie: 25 x 25 for 2019 - December

Welcome to the twelfth and last 25 x 25 for 2019 pattern! It's been a year of fun little stitches, so it's a pity it's ending but next year brings a slightly larger size with more possibilities! This month I was also able to finish it - not just one version but TWO! I used both to make a two sided ornament.

Here you can see both next to each other - on the left you have the Jodyri Designs threads one with Kreinik, on the right the DMC version as per the pattern. Both were stitched on Jodyri Designs September 2018 Limited Edition 18ct Aida "Traditional Sapphire" (I used leftover bits from stitching the Cecropia Month)
Here you can see the sparkle a bit better. If you look carefully (click to enlarge) you can see that the Jodyri Designs side has black stitched window panes and the DMC side only has white windowsills.
This is the embroidery finished as an ornament - I used Jodyri Designs Treacle Toffee, Green Dragon (March 2019 Limited Edition thread), Honey Suckle, Red Dawn, Bridge Troll (September 2019 Limited Edition thread), and Nevermore. The sparkly thread I used was Kreinik 032 #4 Very Fine Braid. 
This is the DMC side - I used the DMC threads as charted. For the finishing I used red and white craft threads to make the cording and TOHO TR-11-101 Trans-Lustered Crystal seed beads around the edges.

Some time between Christmas and New Year I'd like to make a post featuring YOUR embroideries - it doesn't have to be completely finished into something - just a picture of the completed stitching will do nicely.

Where you can send the picture: 
Magical at smallbluemonkey dot net (please remove the "at" and replace it with a @ and swap the "dot" for a . and don't forget to remove the spaces). This is the email that's linked to the domain at which I host all of the patterns so I'll know it is something for the blog.

What do I need to know: 
What name to put with your picture... Do you want to be known as (for example):
* A. Mouse
* Anne Mouse
* Anne M
* A.M.

This month's pattern is cross stitch and straight stitch!

You can find the pattern here

I'll see you tomorrow for the second pre-stitch of the NYE Mystery SAL! If you aren't joining in then I'll see you Tuesday for the last part of the Blackwork SAL!

2 comments:

  1. That's a super cute one. It's amazing how much you can fit into just the 25x25 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes it is, I was happy to find I could adding trees and shrubs and everything.

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.