Friday 6 December 2019

Friday Freebie: Ornament of the Month - December

Welcome to the twelfth and last Ornament of the Month for 2019! I hope you  have enjoyed this year's patterns, even if the construction was a bit of a challenge if you chose to make it with the hole. I'm sorry this is late but I really wanted the ornament to be fully finished and I was so close to making it that I pushed on, then stuff happened and now here it is... a bit more than an hour late but still here on a Friday! This month the theme is snow and ice very fitting colours for people in the northern hemisphere this close to Christmas and hopefully a cooling thought for those who are down south suffering from heat and bush fires (if only I could send you our rain!). If you aren't in an area that's on fire I'm very glad you are not and hope it stays that way!
It was a bit of a struggle to see what I was doing for this and the 148 beads in this pattern didn't help much. I was going to use the same transparent ones as I used for the outer edge but they were too big so I used the only white petite seed beads I had instead.
Getting the details showing in a photo proved challenging too - I hope you can see the stitches between the beads!
As mentioned above I used two types of seed beads this time: TR-15-121 Opaque-Lustered White for the central part of the stitching as on 18ct aida the size 11 TR-11-101 Trans-Lustered Crystal seed beads were just too big. On 14ct they would probably fit nicely. The Kreinik is one I got a long time ago that got stepped on which resulted in a broken spool so I bobbinated it instead - I didn't think to add the number but my colour card says its 032 Pearl. I used the centre bobbin of craft thread for the tassel and cord and finally I used DMC white/blanc for the stitching. If you can't get hold of TOHO beads Mill Hill have beads that similar to the TOHO beads: 00479 - you can see what they look like here, and for a crystal version look here

Some time between Christmas and New Year I'd like to make a post featuring YOUR embroideries - it doesn't have to be completely finished into something - just a picture of the completed stitching will do nicely.

Where you can send the picture: 
Magical at smallbluemonkey dot net (please remove the "at" and replace it with a @ and swap the "dot" for a . and don't forget to remove the spaces). This is the email that's linked to the domain at which I host all of the patterns so I'll know it is something for the blog.

What do I need to know: 
What name to put with your picture... Do you want to be known as (for example):
* A. Mouse
* Anne Mouse
* Anne M
* A.M.

Of course you are free to use whatever colours and threads you like - I'm just showing you which threads I have chosen for this month, which are also the colours I charted the pattern with.

You can find the pattern here

If you are stitching this too and want to join us on Facebook just go to the Facebook group and apply!

If you want to (also) join in on Instagram or Twitter all you need to do is use the tag #OrnamentoftheMonth and mention me @Magical525 and I'll be sure to look in on your work and possibly even re-tweet it if it's on Twitter!

I'll see you tomorrow for the first pre-stitch of the NYE Mystery SAL and Tuesday for the Final part of the Mamluk SAL!

2 comments:

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.