Tuesday 10 December 2019

Mamluk Cross Stitch SAL - Part 12

Welcome to the twelfth and last part of the Mamluk SAL! I hope you have enjoyed stitching this SAL as much as I have! Have you thought about how you are going to finish finish yours yet? I'm not sure if I'm going to finish mine as a pillow or if I'm going to frame it - time will tell.
This is what mine looks like after a good splat with the iron to get all the creases out. It's a dull rainy day today so getting the colour right was difficult - this was the best I could get and it's not even near the colour of fabric that it really is.

Some time between Christmas and New Year I'd like to make a post featuring YOUR embroideries - it doesn't have to be completely finished into something - just a picture like the one above will do nicely.

Where you can send the picture: 
Magical at smallbluemonkey dot net (please remove the "at" and replace it with a @ and swap the "dot" for a . and don't forget to remove the spaces). This is the email that's linked to the domain at which I host all of the patterns so I'll know it is something for the blog.

What do I need to know: 
What name to put with your picture... Do you want to be known as (for example):
* A. Mouse
* Anne Mouse
* Anne M
* A.M.

Please note that the patterns show the entire pattern area every month - as time goes by the space will become covered in stitches. So what shows as the middle this month IS the middle of the pattern.

This month there are 190 stitches for both the original version and the restored version.

You can find the original pattern here
You can find the restored pattern here

If you are stitching this too and want to join us on Facebook just go to the Facebook group and apply!

If you want to (also) join in on Instagram or Twitter all you need to do is use the tag #MamlukSAL and/or my name @Magical525 and I'll be sure to look in on your work and possibly even re-tweet it if it's on Twitter!

I'll see you Thursday with the next NFSAL and Friday for the 50 x 50 for 2019!

4 comments:

  1. I and the ladies on our Board have enjoyed your Sal. Thank you for Your generosity.
    http://www.beaj-crossstitchplace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad all of you enjoyed this SAL! You are very welcome :)

      Delete
  2. I'll stitch this one up as soon as all the Christmas gifts are done - hopefully in time to send you a picture! I'm not quite sure about the finish-finishing yet, but I do have some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan to me! Yes! I'd LOVE a picture of yours! I'm sure you will think of something :D

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.