Tuesday 24 December 2019

Blackwork SAL - December


Welcome to the twelfth part of the Blackwork SAL! This month is the last part of the 2019 Blackwork SAL - I hope you have enjoyed this SAL! For those who want to continue next year I have another Blackwork SAL on the way! You can read more about it here. But that's not the only blackwork I'm doing next year! I'm also doing blackwork style stockings - as I'm designing many of the patterns from scratch they might not be true blackwork, but they do look very pretty! You can read more about it here.

This is what mine looked like just after I finished stitching it. I'm going to have to give it a bit of a wash and press before I do more with it - I think I'll be turning mine into a little pillow or biscornu.


Some time between Christmas and New Year I'd like to make a post featuring YOUR embroideries - it doesn't have to be completely finished into something - just a picture like the one above will do nicely.

Where you can send the picture: 
Magical at smallbluemonkey dot net (please remove the "at" and replace it with a @ and swap the "dot" for a . and don't forget to remove the spaces). This is the email that's linked to the domain at which I host all of the patterns so I'll know it is something for the blog.

What do I need to know: 
What name to put with your picture... Do you want to be known as (for example):
* A. Mouse
* Anne Mouse
* Anne M
* A.M.

As always I have included a larger area of the Blackwork pattern with the area to be used in the SAL marked out in red in case you have trouble with the blue and so you can see a larger area. You are not supposed to stitch this area.

You can find the pattern here

If you celebrate it I wish you a Merry Christmas! If you don't but celebrate something else I hope you have a wonderful celebration! If you don't celebrate anything I hope you have a wonderful day - we all need a wonderful day now and then!

Have fun stitching! I'll see you Friday with a non-SAL Friday Freebie - and don't forget the NYE Mystery SAL will be starting around then too!

2 comments:

  1. This was a great SAL to stitch along on all year. Can't wait to see what you have in store with the new one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I hope you like the next one :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.