Wednesday 5 July 2017

Christmas in July: Day 5 - Celtic Blue

Hiya all! I hope you are enjoying the patterns so far! Today's pattern was the first of the stockings I designed and is inspired by a background in an illuminated medieval artwork. I used it as a background in my Celtic Wolf embroidery but always felt it deserved a starring role.

The pattern is fairly straight forwards as it's almost all cross stitch with the light blue lines being done with a straight stitch instead of back stitch. If you want to add some sparkle then add the beads onto the straight stitches making sure that you go through the bead in both directions to keep it in the centre of the x.

You can find the pattern here

I'll see you tomorrow when I have the next Princess pattern waiting for you!

2 comments:

  1. A tribute to your wolf! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always seemed a shame to me that part was covered so you couldn't see the full impact of the design so I'm glad I did this and glad you love it :D

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.