Monday 17 July 2017

Christmas in July: Day 17 - Celtic White and Gold

Its day 17 and time for another Christmas in July pattern. Today's pattern is inspired by an illuminated manuscript I saw (I see lots of them as I watch #medievaltwitter on twitter). The pattern and colour combination are very simple yet stylish. Although I did it white and gold you could do it in any combination you like.

Of course as its 2 coloured you could consider using a (hand) dyed fabric for this and just stitching the gold. The pattern calls for DMC white and Kreinik 002 #4 Very Fine Braid, though if you want it even shinier you could consider using 002J as the Japan threads *really* sparkle!

You can find the pattern here

I'll see you tomorrow with the next instalment!

2 comments:

  1. So that's where you get your inspirations from, I was wondering :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Though I do and have dug into manuscripts online as well :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.