Friday 10 July 2020

Bookmark SAL - July

Welcome to the seventh part of the Bookmark SAL! I'm sorry this post is also late. This month there are again two variations! I have given a pattern for use on perforated paper or plastic Aida, and I have given a version for use on any fabric. The reason being that the version for on plastic Aida includes cut out bits that you probably don't want to do on fabric. Not all areas are cut out as if you do that the bookmark would become too fragile and break quickly - so only a few spaces are cut, they are marked in black on the pattern.
My ill health lately has not only meant this post is late but also that I didn't succeed at completing the stitching. I managed to finish the main yellow that gives the outlines and one strand each of the rest of the yellows and oranges. I did two white strands.
Here is a close up of the section I did manage to stitch - you can see how well the colours go together!

Fabric:

For this pattern I have used 14ct Plastic Aida - you need a piece of 2 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches (mine is a little longer, I decided to cut it back after I'd finished stitching). You can of course always use perforated paper instead - if it's also 14ct then you need the same size.

If you choose to stitch this on other fabric then you will need to decide which count fabric you want to use. A good place to calculate your fabric needs can be found here. Of course if you need additional help let me know, I'm always happy to assist.

I'm using the colours as per the pattern.

Threads:

You will need 0.2 skein of white, 0.2 skein each of 973, 972, and 741. You will need 0.1 skein for each of the remaining colours. Feel free to make it any colour or colours you prefer - or the recipient prefers if it's going to be a gift. You could use up leftovers from other projects and make it super colourful!

The patterns

The pattern for the bookmark on perforated paper/plastic Aida can be downloaded here
The pattern for the bookmark on other fabric can be downloaded here
That's all for this month's Bookmark SAL post!

I'll be back tomorrow with the next post for the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 9! 

1 comment:

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.