Tuesday 14 July 2020

Blackwork SAL 2020 - July

Welcome to the seventh part of the 2020 Blackwork SAL! This month you will again get two pattern options. While I was stitching this month's patterns it occurred to me that in a way it's not a bad thing that we got so ahead in the first months of the year - you may find this strange but I for one tend to run out of steam towards the summer/autumn time - usually because I'm using what little energy I have doing things around the house and garden that my rheumatism doesn't let me do the rest of the year and, when we don't have pandemics ongoing, I usually get away for two weeks in the summer. Overall then it's not a bad thing but I have made sure it can't happen for next year's Blackwork SAL (Oh yes... there will be one!)
This is what mine looks like after stitching this month's patterns. I used up the last spot in the left hand bottom corner with DMC 791 and did the right hand bottom corner one with DMC 910. Now both the full height and width can be seen! Because I'm working on 18ct Aida mine will be 5 1/2" / 14 cm square when finished and I think I may make a little pillow out of it.

You can find the pattern for the octagons here 
You can find the pattern for the plusses here
You can find the pattern for the rectangles here
You can find the pattern for the squares here

Have fun and I'll see you tomorrow for the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 9 and Friday for the next part of the 35 x 35 for 2020 SAL!

2 comments:

  1. Wow yours is gorgeous, I love all your colors and how they are transitioning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of glad I only have to stitch two plusses each month right now, it feel like I'm getting behind with everything! Still I'm looking forward to this SAL every month <3

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.