Friday 17 July 2020

35 x 35 for 2020 - July

Welcome to the seventh 35 x 35 for 2020! This month you get to choose how much - or little - straight stitch you add! There are three versions possible:
  • No straight stitch at all
  • A single line going all the way round
  • Lots!
I'll show you photos of all three to help you choose which version you'd like to do. There are eight photos in this post - if you are low on data I suggest making sure you are on Wi-Fi first.
Here is the version with no straight stitch at all - to do this one just take the main pattern and skip the line of straight stitch.
This is the version with just a little straight stitch.  It's a line that goes round the pattern skipping the blocks of blue. When stitching this it's more like doing a running stitch really. (I removed these stitches before doing the stitching for the third version)
And finally the one where there is LOTS of straight stitch. You could do it as backstitch if you prefer but I just did a single stitch for every line on the pattern. I kept this as my final version as I didn't fancy ripping it all out again hehe.
Having gone all out on the straight stitching I decided to also go all out on beads and picked matching beads for the threads. The dark brown doesn't look like it matches when in the box but spread out it's perfect. From left to right:
  • Beads:
    • TR-11-123 Opaque-Lustered Lt. Beige 
    • TR-11-162B Trans-Rainbow Med. Topaz
    • TR-11-Y317F HYBRID Frosted Transparent Lt. Amethyst – Picasso
    • TR-11-917 Ceylon Denim Blue
  • Threads:
    • DMC 739
    • DMC 437
    • DMC 433
    • DMC 799
The trick to using more than one colour of bead is to put it on a surface where it won't roll away in the order you want to use it. I decided to go from right to left with the beads and poured a little pile of each onto my lovely bead mat. Keeping track of where you are is actually quite easy as you can always look at your progress with finishing and see which bead you used last and then grab the next one with your needle.
I made mine into a little pillow which would look nice with any summer display as a foil for some more colourful pillows.
A close up of a corner.
And the back on the light coloured bead mat. The fabric is Jodyri Designs Wild Porcini 18ct opal Aida. Unfortunately the sparkle doesn't show so well in the photos.

You can find the pattern here
You can find the pattern with LOTS of straight stitch here

Have fun stitching! I'll see you tomorrow for the start of the Summer Magical Mystery SAL, and the final post for the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 9. I'll see you Tuesday for the next part of the Easy Christmas Cards SAL!

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I really reminds me of TW's egyptian sampler homehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Très beau ,bravo !
    Merci pour la grille

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.