Friday 27 March 2020

NFSAL 2020 - March

Welcome to the third of this year's NFSAL posts! This month I stitched the NFSAL myself as Carla Eldridge, who usually stitches these, is off being a hero as she's one of the many people involved with keeping things going. Obviously after a hard day's work that is extra stressful because of all that's going on she's far too tired to stitch, which is more than understandable.
I had a rather difficult time taking a photo of this as my camera just didn't believe it was yellow fabric! It's a pale yellow generic 14ct Aida but the camera is convinced it's white. 
Which is even more obvious here in the photo of the completed biscornu.
I thought I'd finish it like this so you could see what it would look like finished into a small rather than with one of the frames around it as well. The beads you can see are TOHO TR-11-189 Inside-Color Luster Crystal/Caribean Blue Lined (now *that* is a mouthful and a half!).
Which is also why this post was later than usual... I'd forgotten how long it takes to stuff and finish up one of these biscornu! It's almost 3 1/2" square and took two handfuls of stuffing to fill, which is about double what I usually need.

You can download the pattern here

Have fun stitching and see you tomorrow for the penultimate part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL!

1 comment:

  1. This one lokks great, and I'm sure Carla can't wait to stitch it once things calm down a little!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.