Tuesday 31 March 2020

The Spring Magical Mystery SAL 2020 - Pre-stitch Part 4

Welcome to the last pre-stitch of the Spring Mystery SAL! This post is a little late because I got side tracked going down the path of things that will help with baking sour dough bread. As many of you have noticed things are getting a bit more difficult to get and I made two sour dough starters - one with spelt flour, one with plain flour - that are getting close to their first week of life. I enjoy baking my own bread so perhaps I'll be baking bread more often now.  Next time I post for this mystery things will be starting for the main mystery! I hope you are excited for this is I am! Since I designed this back in January I have managed to forget what it looks like so I'm as much in the dark as you are (though I could cheat and peek I'm not going to!).


This is what mine looks like having done parts one to three in one go to catch up after the failed first attempt. Now to get ahead so I can include pictures during the mystery itself!

Colours used this time:


  • Colour A (DMC 445 on the pattern)
  • Colour B (DMC 307 on the pattern) 
  • Colour C (DMC 368 on the pattern)
  • Colour D (DMC 320 on the pattern)
Number of stitches:
  • 16 - in Colour A
  • 4 - in Colour B
  • 8 - in Colour C
  • 60 - in Colour D
For a total of 88 stitches for this part.

You can find the pattern here

See you for the next part of the mystery on April 10th and have fun!

On all social media sites the tag to use is:  #SpringMysterySAL - let's make the world see what we are up to!

PS: Don't forget you can ask all your questions in the comments below and there is a Facebook group to share your stitching results etc. which you can find here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.