Tuesday 10 March 2020

Blackwork SAL 2020 - March

Welcome to the third part of the 2020 Blackwork SAL! This month you will finally see the last of the plusses that I've been hiding under the white bars! From now on I'm going to have to keep up with all of you - it should be doable! I did this month's between other stuff so it should work out ok.
Admittedly I did do the tiny square on the left rather than the plus on the right as I needed something simpler than what is in the plus. As you can see I have reached the bottom of the pattern too so I did the bit of black backstitch with two strands there too.

The squares and rectangles only need a page each for printing in addition to the information sheet - please do read it even if you don't print it!

You can find the pattern for the octagons here 
You can find the pattern for the plusses here
You can find the pattern for the rectangles here
You can find the pattern for the squares here

Have fun and I'll see you Friday for the Bookmark SAL

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I am wondering though: It's 33 maximum colors and the pluses and rectangles say you can do all of the shapes. 3 - 4 motifs per month is 36 - 48 total motifs. Is there a border or other overlay we're going to be getting for the last couple of months? Even if it's three for the rest of the year, that's 39 patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm that's an excellent point - for some reason I had it in my mind that this was needed for the SAL - All I can say is that it was probably due to the hecticness of November that I got my calculations for the number of patterns needed per month wrong. There are no planned borders for this as the shapes themselves will fill the promised 100 x 100 stitches that the pattern is.

      It's likely I will keep doing sufficient patterns so people can pick and choose as everyone seems to be enjoying that aspect of the SAL - and yes that would mean there will be more patterns than spaces even for the rectangles and plusses.

      On the bright side - it's better to do too many than not enough :)

      Delete
  2. More patterns than needed even for the plusses? Dang, I picked those so I wouldn't have to make choices hahaha :D Maybe I'll build myself a border or something, I'm sure I can figure that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly - I need to look at this properly when not rushed off my feet with the March Madness of the vs challenge.

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.