Monday 14 September 2020

Mini Magical Mystery SAL 13 - Part 1

Welcome back for day one of the thirteenth round of mystery stitching! It's funny to think that when I've finished this SAL I'll have been giving these daily patterns for six months with only a short break due to the Summer Mystery SAL which was also given daily. I'm starting to design the Autumn Mystery SAL as well as prepare the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 14 as these things take time and need to be ready for when I need them.
As always for the first post I'm showing the fabric and thread I'm using this time. I don't like to spoil the surprise of opening the pattern so my photos are of the day before, or in this case of the fabric and thread. I'm using DMC 3850. The fabric is Jodyri Designs Nevermore 18ct Aida that I also used for the eleventh Mini Magical Mystery SAL. It's a bit scrunched up from being in the hoop for the eleventh Mini Magical Mystery SAL - the bit you see here isn't going to be stitched on yet so I didn't iron it - it'll get scrunched up again when I put it in the hoop so I didn't think it made sense to do so.
Here you can see my backstitched outlines next to the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 11 - they are eight stitches apart, my usual distance between things (the actual stitched area is then ten stitches apart which is what I advise as a bare minimum). I think you can see now why I haven't cut the eleventh one out yet.

In case you are wondering why I do the backstitched outlines first: it helps me with placement of the stitches (as long as I remember to skip the first stitch next to the outline) and it means that I don't have to do it afterwards as it's not my favourite part of stitching.

You can find today's pattern here. Please count carefully - you don't want to make a mistake today.

Have fun and I'll be back tomorrow with the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 13! I'll also be giving the next part of the Easy Christmas Cards SAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.