Friday 18 September 2020

35 x 35 for 2020 - September

Welcome to the ninth 35 x 35 for 2020! This month there are only whole stitches and only three colours. No partial stitches, even of the nice sort so it's an easy stitch really. I decided to go for three of the newer colours of DMC: 027, 028, and 029 but you can use any three colours or shades of a colour that you like.
This month I decided to make it big so used perforated felt. The perforated felt I have isn't perfectly square so is more of a rectangle. It is 6 1/4" x 5 3/4"  - quite a bit larger than the 2" it would have been if it was done on my usual 18ct Aida.

Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of the threads before starting as I normally take a photo after stitching however I had not realised that I'd need a full skein of the middle colour (fortunately I generally play thread chicken or I'd not have had enough) and almost a full skein of the darkest colour - the downside of stitching on a low count fabric where you need a full 6 strands to get any kind of coverage at all.

I finished it by gluing a bit of purple felt to the back as I'm going to use this as my spot to put my teapot on over the winter - the felt will do a good job of insulating.

You can find the pattern here

Have fun stitching! I'll see you tomorrow for the next part of the Mini Magical Mystery SAL 11. I'll see you Tuesday for the next part of A Blackwork Christmas SAL! 

1 comment:

  1. Great pattern, and great use of the felt again. Wow, that's a lot of yarn, though!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.