Tuesday 29 January 2019

No SAL Tuesday

Yes, you read that correctly! January has 5 Tuesday's and I'm hosting "only" 4 SAL's on Tuesday's so that means there is no SAL today! What that means is that you have a week off from new patterns and you can perhaps catch up or go back and stitch something you didn't have time to before.



I will however take a moment to share some stuff that came in the post recently as it's always fun to share the pretty stuff, especially as I have not been able to leave the house for a few weeks due to a combination of my rheumatism playing up, snow (not good with a walking stick and even worse on a bicycle when you wobble), and recovering from helping oldest put together his IKEA furniture in his bedroom.

First of all some glorious Kreinik thread I was able to buy thanks to some kind donations from you lovely people! (You know who you are dear donators <3)
The black 005L I got because I've been wanting it ever since Carla Eldridge waxed lyrical about it when stitching some Halloween stuff. The other four I bought because I needed four more colours for the Ornaments of the Month. Later this year you will see the 008L 026L, 027L, 028L show up on the ornaments I stitch! Thanks again for donating so I can continue to buy materials to do my patterns!

Next up is my monthly Jodyri Designs package - this time not just the monthly Limited Edition fabric and thread but also two prizes I won last December.
First of all the monthly Limited Fabric and Thread for January... it was this amazing blue called Mermaid Dreams - I usually get 18ct Aida so that is what this is.
As a happy customer of Jodyri Designs I'm also in her Facebook group and every December she holds some competitions. One was a word search puzzle which I did and sent my answer in not expecting anything so I was stunned to find I'd won! I'm not exactly sure what is part of which prize as I also won a runners up prize in the bingo that was held! The threads above are from the regular range in six stranded cotton and are colours 171 - 180.
The fabric above just did not photograph well - it's a lovely grey with some purple/grey splotches in places - just amazing! It's the December 2018 Year of Fabrics Darks 28ct Brittney "Smokey Quartz"
The other bit of fabric I was sent is this fantastic yellow! It's the November 2018 Year of Fabrics Pastels 14ct Aida "Golden Citrine" I'm so happy with my prizes!
And here are the three fabrics together so you can see how well they play together.

Speaking of prizes - I'm sorry but due to not being able to go out (as mentioned above) I have not been able to post the prizes I've given for the raffles yet - I'm hoping I will be able to soon! It really depends on whether the snow that is promised for tonight/tomorrow happens or not. If it doesn't I'm off to the post office tomorrow, if it does snow I'm going to have to wait, I can't afford a fall in the snow. What I do know is that because the envelopes are not sealed yet a few of the threads above may accidentally fall into them *wink*.

Oh and before I forget... my fiancé has a little something planned for you all for Valentines! More info will follow!

Have a great day and see you Friday for the next Ornament of the Month!


4 comments:

  1. So much yumminess! Maybe the dust bunnies will accidentally shove some of that in a box with my name and address on it? tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Unfortunately the dust bunnies are all in shock right now - the happenings of the clean up in Oldest's room have left them traumatised. I'm not sure they will leave the last safe hiding place in the house right now (that would be under the cupboard in the upstairs hall) so don't be too hopeful.

      hehehe

      Delete
  2. What wonderful prices! Michelle is so good to her loyal followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Michelle is wonderful! I am so glad I got to meet her in person a few years ago :D

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.