Tuesday 15 January 2019

Medieval Owl SAL - January

Welcome to the January edition of the Medieval Owl SAL! Hopefully you saw my message in the Facebook group that said that I had added a picture showing how the parts will be given to the information post - if not have a look here. This month you get half the border to stitch - next month the rest.


Normally when stitching a sample I will work on what I'm about to give. This time I didn't. I had a feeling that some of you might be doubtful about the purple and blue included in the colours. I wanted to show those of you who are as a result still on the fence about this project what the bird itself looks like when stitched so instead I stitched August and September.
And here is what it looks like with the purples and blue used in the stitching! Only one colour wasn't used in this section and it was a brown. I'll be stitching downwards from here doing first April and then March before catching up and doing the borders. Hopefully it won't be too long before we are stitching the same things together!

You can find the pattern here

I hope you have fun stitching and I'll see you Friday for the first 25 x 25 for 2019!

4 comments:

  1. Had to read the post even though you know I have FEELINGS about owls. I do love the colors though and applaud you for doing this part to show how the shading works :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was very unexpected as I was expecting you to quickly rush past this post *because* of your owl thing. I'm glad you like the colours! It's not the usual type of thing I do so I wanted to let people see what it would look like :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't really plan on doing this one, but the way the sections are divided up looks just so fun I might have to reconsider! Not right now, but maybe eventually...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite fun to stitch - but knowing your current crafty workload perhaps not yet indeed :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.