Tuesday 1 January 2019

2018/2019 NYE Mystery SAL Part 16

Welcome back for last part of the 2018/2019 NYE Mystery SAL! This part will give you an optional back for a biscornu or ornament. I hope you had fun stitching this and remember that I will be looking for finished items made with this pattern on the 10th of January. For more information check out part two!

If you post on a blog or a social media site I'm not on (see list in the linked post above) then please comment below with a link to your post so I can see it and count it as your entry! I will leave a comment to say you have been entered when I write your name down. If you do not get a message saying you have been entered then please make sure I see it by mentioning me or sending me a private/direct message - there have been so many posts it's easy to overlook one by accident and I'd like your help to make sure I don't miss yours!

This is the completed Mystery - well a digital picture anyway as I wasn't able to stitch this in time due to uncooperative hands.
And this is the back I designed! It feels a bit Delfts blue tile to me but I don't think that's a bad thing! I have included the alphabet and 0-9 as numbers so you can personalise it to your liking. Have fun with it!
Colours used this time:


  • Colour A (800 on the pattern)
  • Colour B (809 on the pattern)
  • Colour C (798 on the pattern)
  • Colour D (820 on the pattern)
Number of stitches:
  • 258 - in Colour A
  • 350 - in Colour B
  • 304 - in Colour C
  • 2.72 inches backstitching in Colour D
  • 419 - in Colour D
You can find the pattern here

On all social media sites the tag to use is:  #nyemysterysal - let's make the world see what we are up to!

PS: Don't forget you can ask all your questions in the comments below and there is a Facebook group to share your stitching results etc. which you can find here

The good news is that you have lots of time to stitch the back as there isn't another NYE Mystery SAL post after this one. There is however going to be another pattern in just two hours! As today is the first Tuesday of the month it's Weavers Birds SAL day too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.