Wednesday 2 January 2019

Finish It In...2019 - Check In Post for January

Welcome to the first Finish It In... 2019 post for the year! In this post I'll show you what I have planned as my goals for this SAL. Not all of the projects are old ones and not all are new. I'm starting with what I hope will be achievable and once I have achieved this then I can add more things to the list. It's better to set up for success than for failure and I know myself well... if I want too much I will be overwhelmed and not be able to do it.


Although I'll be writing monthly posts I thought I'd make an overview page for the projects I am planning to do - you can find it here. Most of what you see in this post will be identical to that page as that's my starting point for the year.

Things I have started and want to finish:

Ornament of the month 2018 - I'd like to at least complete the ones I have stitched so far.
Ornament of the month December 2015: Tanzanite: I need to finish stitching three of these as gifts.
NYE Mystery SAL - I'm still at part twelve so need to finish this.

Once these three goals are met I'll add new ones to the list - I don't want to overwhelm myself and make the list too long, especially considering the list below!

New starts for 2019 (so no pictures yet):
  • Ornament of the Month 2019 - I'd like to stitch them all this year and finish finish them.
  • Mamluk SAL - I'd like to complete this
  • Medieval Owl - I love this so much I want this stitched!
  • Blackwork SAL- I'd like to complete this too.
  • 50 x 50 - I'd like to be able to stitch at least half of these.
  • 25 x 25 - I'd like to stitch them all.
Now it's your turn! Make a blog post if you blog, make a vlog/flosstube, a post on Instagram or Facebook and make sure I at least can see what you have planned to finish this year!  If you blog or vlog please put a link below - it will be fun to see what you have planned and who knows... you may gain a larger audience in the process! Not sure how it works? Check our the overview post!

I'll be back on Friday with the first Ornament of the Month for 2019! You are in for such fun this year with it!

6 comments:

  1. Now you are making me need to post my stuffs for 2019! I do and don't have a any idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! Good luck an great progress to everyone who participates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I love the projects you chose to start with :D

      Delete
  3. Oh my heavens! You are making my year so much harder! I have three current WIPs, and you are giving me at least 2-3 more that I want to complete this year! I don't know how I'm going to do all I want to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that! I just had all these things I wanted to do and thought why not share it with others since I've made the patterns anyway? :) If, in your search for more time, you find said source of time please let me know... I could use at least another 100 days this year! :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.